- 2003-2004. ESADE LAW FACULTY. Universitat Ramon Llull(Barcelona, Spain)
- Postgraduate Degree in Corporate Finance
- 2001-2002. ASSOCIATION OF ECONOMISTS OF CATALONIA (CEC) (Barcelona, Spain).
- Course on Tax Specialisation
- 1995-2000. ESADE LAW FACULTY. Universitat Ramon Llull(Barcelona, Spain)
- Degree and Master’s Degree in Law
- Specialising in Business Law
Areas of specialism:
Rafael has extensive professional experience in all aspects of Business Law, focusing particularly on re-structuring operations, internationalisation of companies, M&A, joint ventures, contracts and negotiations, dispute resolution and the provision of ongoing business advice to corporate clients on company law issues.
In 2000, Rafael started his professional career as a lawyer in a leading Spanish law firm until 2004, when he joined the Business Law Department of the international law firm Garrigues, advising national and international companies on a wide range of corporate and business matters.
Later, at the end of 2007, he was recruited as a Senior Lawyer by the law firm Padrol Munté to set up the firm’s Business Law Department. In early 2009, Padrol Munté was taken over by Gómez-Acebo & Pombo, where Rafael’s professional career as a lawyer continued until May 2012, when together with partner Ignacio Pastor Giménez-Salinas, he founded Pastor & M. Monche Abogados.
Rafael is a Member of the Barcelona Bar Association (Il·lustre Col·legi d’Advocats de Barcelona, ICAB)
Rafael has been a regular contributor to articles published in the Matthew Bender annual publication of analytical legal information.
Languages: Spanish, Catalan and English.